Stop Motion Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres

4 posters

Go down

Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres Empty Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres

Post by snooperking 1/7/2016, 6:46 pm

Hey guys just found this site thanks for sharing!

Right now i'm working on making my first lego battle since 2011, I stopped and got busy with school, girls, and other random stuff but now i'm graduated and just working as a video editor so on my free time i've been animating again:)

Here's some of the stuff I have so far (I have a bit more done just not uploaded to YouTube): 

It'll be quite long, i'm not even to the actual battle yet just the Artillery, right now I am animating the German Artillery soldiers switching to gas rounds as they are going to start sending Mustard gas towards the British Trenches (everyone will be wearing gas masks)
Then after the british all have their masks on they hear the roar of the germans coming out of their trenches (that will be the hardest part is animating the 30+ germans running through no man's land) I hope to have it done by mid February

I still need to add in voices and a few more sound effects along with the Visual Effects.

I'm animating at a lower framerate around 8-10 fps to give it a JSlegomaster feel (and its alot easier animating that many people)

hope it turns out well,
Cheers:)

Last edited by Puca on 1/8/2016, 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought I'd show of the video a bit more...)
snooperking
snooperking
Blob of Clay

"Thanks" Received : 0

Back to top Go down

Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres Empty Re: Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres

Post by ChrisInStopMotion. 1/7/2016, 8:05 pm

Yeah!
ChrisInStopMotion.
ChrisInStopMotion.
Blob of Clay

Back to top Go down

Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres Empty Re: Lego Animation Project - WW1 fourth battle of Ypres

Post by Foster 1/7/2016, 10:30 pm

Wow!! Your eye for cinematography is really something, you got some really great shots in there. Even though I tend to prefer a higher frame rate, something about it worked with your animation. It adds kinda a weird intensity to the film and a slower pace which I think just fits the atmosphere really well.

Good luck animating all those characters, haha. 
Will be quite a challenge to really give it the feeling of a great big war but with what you've shown I think you'll do just fine.

I love that preview and I await the finish product, shows a lot of promise! Also, glad to see you're back in the animation game. Hopefully using this site will inspire you to continue down the animation path even more in the future (I can dream, anyway). Smile
Foster
Foster
Director

"Thanks" Received : 1

http://www.stopmotionhub.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puca 1/8/2016, 5:51 am

Foster wrote:Wow!! Your eye for cinematography is really something, you got some really great shots in there. Even though I tend to prefer a higher frame rate, something about it worked with your animation. It adds kinda a weird intensity to the film and a slower pace which I think just fits the atmosphere really well.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Let's hope the final product is just as beautiful and cinematic!

Also if you need any voice actors, I should hopefully be buying a blue yeti soon, so if you need a British accent I can provide!!
Puca
Puca

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI1844S1SkLMQdQ7XcQBMAw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down